[logback-user] An OSGi bundle for logback?

John E. Conlon jconlon at verticon.com
Thu Feb 8 20:48:34 CET 2007

Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> At 10:45 PM 2/7/2007, John E. Conlon wrote:
>> Are there any plans for a logback OSGi bundle in the foreseeable
>> future?  ;-)
>
> Hi John,
>
> No specific plans yet, but that's definitely something we should do in
> the future.
Apache Directory is moving towards a 1.5 release that will support
OSGi.  We need slf4j based logging to utilize an industrial strength
slf4j binding.  Since NLog is no longer actively being developed I think
that points us to logback.
> However, I reckon that once we gain experience on the SLF4J side,
> applying the know how to logback should be relatively easy.
Agree.

> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? :-)

Yes,  I could do a prototype first just to get something out there, but
I would like to enlist the team to critique the prototype and help
design a fuller featured version to replace it.

cheers,
John