[logback-user] configuration - why no DTD?

andrew wulf aw at biit.com
Mon Jan 8 19:29:47 CET 2007

Now that I have logback working, I can't figure out the whole syntax
of the logback.xml file - why is there no DTD?

All the examples show only a single appender and one root element.
How would I, for example, add a console appender and a fileappender
to the root? Or add a appender at another level?

Documentation needs to be better, since confusion about configuration
is likely to stop people from trying it.

- andrew