[logback-user] maven jetty logback

Kevin S. Clarke ksclarke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:19:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I've since realized that it is finding it in
maven's src/main/resources but that the jetty logger doesn't seem to
be changed by it.

My logback config looks like:

<configuration debug="true">
    <appender name="Console" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
        <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
            <Pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%thread] %-5level %logger{36} -
%msg%n</Pattern>
        </layout>
    </appender>
    <appender name="File" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">
        <param name="file" value="diglib.log"/>
        <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
            <Pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%thread] %-5level %logger{36} -
%msg%n</Pattern>
        </layout>
    </appender>
    <logger name="org.mortbay">
        <level value="warn"/>
    </logger>
    <root>
        <level value="warn"/>
        <appender-ref ref="File"/>
        <appender-ref ref="Console"/>
    </root>
</configuration>

If I get a logger for one of my classes and output something to it,
the logback.xml is respected (nothing below "warn" comes out) in the
log.

For some reason though the jetty logger is outputting everything at
the debug level despite having its logger set to warn in the config.

15:12:13.650 [main] INFO  org.mortbay.log - Logging to
Logger[org.mortbay.log] via org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
15:12:13.652 [main] DEBUG org.mortbay.log - Container Server at 87e704 +
SelectChannelConnector at 0.0.0.0:9000 as connector
15:12:13.677 [main] DEBUG org.mortbay.log - Container Server at 87e704 +
HandlerCollection at 15c97e4 as handler

If I take the logback jars out of the maven-jetty's classpath then
jetty uses the sterr and isn't in debug mode.  I'm not sure why jetty
in maven with logback seems to be stuck in debug for its output.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin