[logback-user] [newbie] Setting up a project

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Fri Mar 2 10:33:11 CET 2007

Hello Alexandre,

By default, logback loads the following files:

- If a file called logback.xml is found in the classpath, then it is used.
- In case it is not found, a logback-test.xml file is searched, and used if available.
- If none of these files are available, logback uses its BasicConfigurator class to
create a simple default configuration that will only log to the console.

You might want to place a logback.xml file in the source directory, or in a location
that makes the file available in the classpath once compilation is done.

Regards,

Sébastien