[logback-user] [newbie] Setting up a project

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Fri Mar 2 11:40:38 CET 2007

Hi Alexandre,

This configuration file should not work very well.

<logger name="org.accma.concentrator.services.bitran.BiTranService">
   <level value="debug" />
   <appender-ref ref="bitranlog" />
</logger>

Here, you declare an appender-ref element that links to a non-existent appender.

Also, since your named logger have pretty specific names, there is a good chance that
you might not call them at all in your code.

Please refer to my last email with the joined configuration file, it should set you
up with a ConsoleAppender and a RollingFileAppender that logs in the tomcat log
directory.

Hope this helps...

Sébastien