[logback-user] Should logback.xml be in part of a web app?

Keith keithckee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:27:28 CET 2007

Hi:
Can you please give some recommendation if I should include logback.xml
in an EAR or outside on a file system? In the past, I would put it
outside on a file system so that I can change the logging level on the
fly when a need arises to log in detail. However, in this new company
which I recently join, it prefers that everything be packaged in a EAR
to "reduce work" for the deployment team.

Given such option, how do I change the level of logging easily if the
logback.xml is packaged in an EAR? Can I still be able to change the
level of logging programmatically  on the fly, or perhaps using JMX?
Will I be able to save the change into the file in the EAR?

Thanks,
Keith