[logback-user] SimpleSocketServer as Daemon

Stefan Armbruster ml001 at armbruster-it.de
Thu May 3 17:54:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

Jakarta Commons Daemon (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon) provides
support for running "normal" java classes like unix/windows system
daemons/services. The class to be deamonized must either implement the Daemon
interface or simply implement a few public methods (init, start, stop,
destroy). When using the latter, no additional build dependency is necessary.
I've refactored SimpleSocketServer to work with Jakarta Commons Daemon. If
desired, I'd contribute a patch. Together with an init.d script it's pretty
easy to start and stop a SimpleSocketServer.

Regards,
Stefan