[logback-user] NullPointer in PropertySetter.computeContainmentTpye

mancereus matthias.schmitt at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:13:56 CEST 2007

Hi Ceki,

1) I've tested the problem with jdk5 and jdk6
and orion application server 2.0.5.

2) Last week i used MDC to seperate weblog and servicelog in my application.
logback is great stuff. thanks.

3)
i use an simple Wrapper for getLogger():

BasLog4j.java:
    public static Logger getInstance() {
        String c = new Exception().getStackTrace()[1].getClassName();
        return LoggerFactory.getLogger(c);
    }

So i don't have to set the classname and can write in any class:
    private static org.slf4j.Logger log = BasLog4j.getInstance();

Ceki Gulcu-2 wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> I am glad to hear that the patch suggested previously works. We are trying
> reproduce the problem on our side. Which version of Orion are you using?
> Which JDK?

Matthias.