[logback-user] Changing a logger's level for only one appender?

Gerweck Andy - agerwe Andy.Gerweck at acxiom.com
Thu May 17 00:20:40 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a couple of applications that create two log files: one with all
debug statements for troubleshooting and another with just INFO and
above for general information. The debug logs are erased after a day or
two while the general log is kept for a month or longer.

I apologize if I just missed this in the documentation, but is there an
easy way to set the minimum level for a specific logger hierarchy on
just a single appender. For example, I want com.example.* to write only
WARN and above to my general log, but I still want its DEBUG statements
in the debug log. I'm sure I could write my own filter or use an
EvaluatorFilter, but this seems like such a common requirement that
there would be a standard mechanism.

Thanks,
  Andy

privileged.