[logback-user] Logback always writes to the console

Rene Reuter maybedoo at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 13:09:16 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using Logback 0.9.8. I've configured my logback.xml file only with a
FileAppender.

But it always logs to the console too, why? I don't want to see the logs in
the console.

Do u know why?

My logback.xml:

<configuration>

            <appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">

                        <File>testFile.log</File>

                        <Append>true</Append>

                        <Encoding>UTF-8</Encoding>

                        <BufferedIO>false</BufferedIO>

                        <ImmediateFlush>true</ImmediateFlush>

                        <layout
class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">

                                    <Pattern>%-4relative [%thread] %-5level
%logger{35} - %msg%n</Pattern>

                        </layout>

            </appender>

            <root>

                        <level value="debug" />

                        <appender-ref ref="FILE" />

            </root>

</configuration>

That's the one from the sample's in the manual.

Thanks

May