[logback-user] "Watching" the config file

Davide Baroncelli baroncelli at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 12:27:25 CEST 2007

Davide Baroncelli wrote:

> Ceki Gulcu wrote:
>> Hello Ted,
>> The question was discussed in a previous thread:
>> http://www.qos.ch/pipermail/logback-user/2007-September/000329.html
>
> Note also that in that thread I attached code that may be used to obtain a
> periodic configuration reloader in Spring: even without Spring, using a
> timer to trigger the reload is a pretty simple task.

Note also that that solution allows using a work manager thread from the
application server: using a library that creates and manages threads by
itself (as Log4j config reloader does) is strongly discouraged (in fact
log4j thread may not be shut down at web application reloads and creates
class loader problems upon reloading).