[logback-user] Simple question about appender SOCKET on logback

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue Sep 25 21:16:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

No, the serialized event format in logback and log4j are incompatible. So it is
not possible for a SocketAppender in logback to send events to Chainsaw.
However, I believe chainsaw has been ported to logback by Joern Huxhorn. See [1].

Alternatively, we did a logback plugin for eclipse. See [2].

HTH,

[1] http://www.qos.ch/pipermail/logback-user/2007-April/000198.html
[2] http://logback.qos.ch/consolePlugin.html