[logback-user] Logback Console Plugin for Eclipse: ECF seems to be required - to document?

Olivier Cailloux mlsmg at ulb.ac.be
Wed Aug 6 12:33:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I installed Logback Console Plugin for Eclipse as suggested in
http://logback.qos.ch/consolePlugin.html, and after a long search, I
finally made it work by installing (through eclipse "find and install"
functionality) Eclipse Communication Framework Application and Eclipse
Communication Framework Core API. I don't know if both are required, but
with none of these two the new logback view was not available for me
(didn't appear in the list of views).

Could this please be documented on the website? The best would naturally
to provide a feature for the logback plugin and make it available
through eclipse "find and install" and "select required dependencies"
features, but at least adding a simple sentence in the documentation
would help and take few time.

Thank you for your attention and for the wonderful logback.
Olivier