[logback-user] logback.xml not working inside Ant task

cowwoc cowwoc at bbs.darktech.org
Tue Aug 26 11:14:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a library that uses Logback through slf4j. When I invoke methods
directly logging works just fine, but when I invoke Ant tasks that, in turn,
invoke those methods logback.xml isn't being found and the default
configuration is being used.

I am at a loss as to what is different between the two configurations. When
I run under Ant

     getClass().getResourceAsStream("/logback.xml")

finds the file just fine, yet

		LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
		StatusPrinter.print(lc);

prints out:

     05:08:51,098 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.classic.BasicConfigurator at 5b8ff6b8 - Setting up default
configuration.

How do I debug this problem further in order to figure out what is going
wrong?

Thank you,
Gili