[logback-user] logging output duplicated

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Mon Dec 1 12:48:22 CET 2008

Hello Chris,

As Robert mentioned, appenders are inherited cumulatively from the logger tree,
unless the additivity flag of a given logger is set to false.

Since you have set the bufferSize of SMTPAppender (as mentioned in a previous
message), setting the root logger level to DEBUG and attaching both EMAIL and
FILE appender to it should cover your needs. For example,

   <root level="DEBUG">
     <appender-ref ref="EMAIL" />
     <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
   </root>