[logback-user] auto context name creation

Ingo Siebert ingo.siebert at cas.de
Tue Jan 22 19:11:30 CET 2008

Hi,

i switched to logback because it sounds promising.

I have an web appplication (Tomcat6) which can be deployed more than once.
In the FAQ i've read this to get a context-based logging.

<env-entry>
   <description>JNDI logging context for this app</description>
   <env-entry-name>logback/context-name</env-entry-name>
   <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
   <env-entry-value>ContextApp-A</env-entry-value>
</env-entry>

Is it possible to auto-create a different "ContextApp-A" value?

Reason: I want to deploy nearly the same WAR under different names at
the same time. Example: myApp22012008.war and myApp23012008.war

Cheers,

Ingo