[logback-user] JMXConfigurator OName

Pritchard, Ellis - Ealing epritcha at wiley.com
Mon Jul 21 13:36:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've currently got multiple logback-enabled servlets running under the same JVM, each in separate web contexts, and each with their own logback.xml and slf4j/logback jars in WEB-INF.

Whist this works (in terms of logging), the jmxConfigurator MBean seems to only refer to one of the contexts, and has the name 'default'. I can't see the loggers listed for the other contexts.

What I'd expected to see is a different MBean listed for each webapp context.

Looking at the jmxConfigurator code, it seems to use the name of the logging context for the JMX name; how does this get set? Can it be set in the logback.xml?

Ellis.

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please
tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check as the sender
accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection. Please note that email
traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for security reasons.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.