[logback-user] SMTPAppender username/password

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue Mar 11 21:41:42 CET 2008

No, it was not. There is also a pending bug, numbrer 65, related to this issue.

I was hoping to implement this feature and also to test it. However, our SMTP
server does not require authentication for sending messages.

Zach Cox wrote:
> My SMTP server needs a username/password specified even when
> connecting locally on localhost.  I noticed this related thread:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/SMTPAppender%3A-authentication-option-missing--td9983224.html#a9983224
>
> Was SMTP auth ever implemented in logback?
>
> Thanks,
> Zach

QOS.ch is looking to hire talented developers in Switzerland.  If
interested, please contact c e k i @ q o s . c h