[logback-user] How do I get a list of configured loggers?

Gunnar Hillert gunnar at hillert.com
Tue Nov 11 05:07:16 CET 2008

How do I get a list of configured loggers (In logback.xml) programmatically?

e.g. I have the following loggers configured in my logback.xml file:

  <logger name="org.springframework.security">
    <level value="DEBUG"/>
  </logger>
  <logger name="org.apache.struts">
    <level value="INFO"/>
  </logger>

How do I get those loggers? (E.g. I like to dynamically inspect and change
my setup loggers at runtime)

I was able to do this easily in Log4J but I seem to have issues doing so in
logback.

I thought I could do:

                LoggerContext lc =
((ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger)LOGGER).getLoggerContext();
                List<String> strList = new ArrayList<String>();
                Iterator<ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger> it =
lc.getLoggerList().iterator();
                while(it.hasNext()) {
                  Logger log = it.next();
                  strList.add(log.getName());
                }

But this basically adds hundreds of loggers but I only want the ones I have
configured in my logback.xml file.

What do I miss here?

Thanks a lot!

Gunnar