[logback-user] Logback or Log4J Servers and Log4Cxx client

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:45:01 CET 2008

Hi Ceki,
I know this isn't the right place/forum but I've noticed that the Log4cxx is
using your server called: ShortSocketServer author: Ceki Gulcu
and I'm having problems configuring it to work with Log4Cxx client.
I was trying to get the Lockback SimpleSocketServer to communicate with
Log4cxx client but I was unsuccessful too and in BOTH cases I got the
following error:
ERROR  [main] org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode (SocketNode.java:59) Could not
open ObjectInputStream to Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=2336,localport=6000]
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 3C6C6F67
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:783)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:280)
    at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode.<init>(SocketNode.java:55)
    at
org.apache.log4j.net.ShortSocketServer.main(ShortSocketServer.java:74)

I thought maybe you could help me out a little... you know more about this
than me :-)
Is it even possible to mix these two guys and have them talk to each other?

Please let me know.
Thanks a lot.
Greg.