[logback-user] Logback vs Log4J

ekkehard ekkehard at gentz-software.de
Sun Oct 12 17:10:06 CEST 2008

I'm using LOGBack as slf4j implementation together with the bridges
between legacy APIs and LOG4J in my OSGI enterprise app -
I'm also using my own bridge between OSGI LogServices and SLF4J.

I like the Markers from LOGBack and use them to log the OSGI Bundle- and
Sercvice Names.

All will be documented in my blog (the first 3 parts of my blog series
"Logging in OSGI Enterprise Applications" are published till now)

Now I'm interested to see the differences between Log4J and LOGBack.
I already know about the Markers, which are important for me -
are there any other differences ?

thx

ekke

--

ekkehard gentz
software-architect
mailto:ekkehard at gentz-software.de
homepage: http://www.gentz-software.de
opensource: http://ekkehard.org
blog (en): http://ekkes-corner.org
blog (de): http://ekkes-ecke.org
skype: ekke.gentz
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490