[logback-user] Evaluator and Layout Pattern

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Wed Oct 15 17:43:18 CEST 2008

ekkehard wrote:
> perhaps the problem is that my BundleMarkerConverter class was not found -
> all runs under OSGI

Yes, that is probably the cause of the problem. I have committed changes for
better error reporting. Could you build logback from the trunk?

It should be as easy as:

  svn co http://svn.qos.ch/repos/logback/trunk/ target_directory
  cd target_diurectory
  mvn install

> what do you think - should I add the import to logback core or logback
> classic ?
> or could something else be wrong because the error notes that the
> conversion word wasn't valid
> and not that class BundleMarkerConverter wasn't found

The error message can be misleading, hence my recent commit. The problem is most
probably related to loading the BundleMarkerConverter class.