[logback-user] Number of logs

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:38:13 CEST 2008

Ok no problem.
I'm running the program and the database on just one computer.
It's all local and no one is connecting to it....
It's a Xeon 2.66 GHz machine with 4 cores and 3GB of ram.
I'm running Windows XP. (the newest service pack)
I'm looking at the Task Manager right now and I see that over 2GB of memory
is available.
I just ran my program again but this time I've reduced the Thread.sleep to
just 10ms.
Instead of 40,000 records just about 8,000 got written.
This means 10-ms is too fast and MySQL can't handle it or something.
I'm not sure but from the documentation on line looks like the connection
pooling is the way out...
I don't know and I guess I don't understand that well the notion of
"connection pooling" so I don't know
how to set it up/create one.
Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot