[logback-user] Tomcat 5.5 and LogbackValve

wchu wchu at FACorelogic.com
Fri Aug 7 23:04:53 CEST 2009

I have it set to debug and below is what I'm seeing in the log.

14:53:04,856 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.access.tomcat.LogbackValve[privatehost] - filename property
not set. Assuming [/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/conf/logback-access.xml]
14:53:04,887 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.access.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - Ignoring debug
attribute.
14:53:04,887 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
About to instantiate appender of type
[ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender]
14:53:04,893 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Naming appender as [FILE]
14:53:04,909 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.NestedComplexPropertyIA - Pushing component
[rollingPolicy] on top of the object stack.
14:53:04,912 |-INFO in c.q.l.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy - Adding
parent to RollingPolicy: FILE
14:53:04,926 |-INFO in c.q.l.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy - Will use
zip compression
14:53:04,926 |-INFO in c.q.l.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy - Will use
the pattern access.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log for the active file
14:53:04,933 |-INFO in c.q.l.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy - The date
pattern is 'yyyy-MM-dd' from file name pattern
'access.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log.zip'.
14:53:04,933 |-INFO in c.q.l.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy - Roll-over
at midnight.
14:53:04,935 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.NestedComplexPropertyIA - Pushing component
[triggeringPolicy] on top of the object stack.
14:53:04,950 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.NestedComplexPropertyIA - Pushing component
[layout] on top of the object stack.
14:53:04,955 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[FILE]
- Active log file name: access.log"
14:53:04,955 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[FILE]
- File property is set to [access.log"]
14:53:04,956 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Popping appender named [FILE] from the object stack
14:53:04,956 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction -
Attaching appender named [FILE] to
ch.qos.logback.access.tomcat.LogbackValve[privatehost]
14:53:04,956 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.access.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - End of
configuration.

>>> http://logback.qos.ch