[logback-user] Flushing problem

Harish Krishnaswamy harishkswamy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:38:41 CET 2009

I have a weird problem in my multi-threaded application on Solaris but not
on Windows XP.

Basically I have a bunch of tasks that are executed by the
ThreadPoolExecutor and when the last task is executed the ThreadPoolExecutor
is required to run a shutdown task (Runnable) provided to the executor by
the main thread. The problem is, the log messages from this shutdown task
never get flushed to the log file but it sure gets executed. I even added
the LoggerContext.stop() to no effect. I am completely baffled as to why it
is not flushing, any pointers/ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks.

System Spec
System = SunOS
Node = jdcsj002
Release = 5.10