[logback-user] Logback with Tomcat and multiple web applications

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Feb 11 19:19:23 CET 2009

Hi Ryan,

I didn't quite understand why you needed ContextJNDISelector.
Anyway, here is documentation on MDC

   http://logback.qos.ch/manual/mdc.html

Here is a salient paragraph from that page:

The MDC class contains only static methods. It lets the developer place
information in a diagnostic context that can be subsequently retrieved by
certain logback components. The MDC manages contextual information on a per
thread basis. *A child thread automatically inherits a copy of the mapped
diagnostic context of its parent*

HTH,