[logback-user] logback-classic and Tomcat

Zach Cox zcox522 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:35:39 CET 2009

I'm using Logback Classic pretty much everywhere in my code to log
lots of things (mainly exceptions and debug messages).  I do *not* use
Logback Access at all.  I develop this webapp locally using an
embedded Jetty instance, and the logging works fine: all logging
messages are written out to the Eclipse console as expected.

But on production we're using Tomcat 6.0.18 (installed on Ubuntu 8.10
using apt) and I can't find any log files with logback messages
anywhere.  I'm sure I just have some settings wrong somewhere - can
anyone tell me how to configure logback *classic* (not access) to
actually write out logging messages to a log file under Tomcat 6.0.18?

Thanks,
Zach