[logback-user] Wrong Encoding in SMTPAppender

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Jan 16 11:10:02 CET 2009

Hello Alex,

Regarding jira, although not a requirement, it would be easier to conduct this
discussion if you were registered (in jira).

Anyway, support for charset encoding in SMTPAppender was introduced in logback
0.9.14. You reported using logback 0.9.11. Could you please try with the latest
version of logback, namely 0.9.14?

I am using a modified version of chapter4.mail.EMail application. See [1] for
actual code. This application is quite trivial. It configures logback, and logs
several debug messages followed by an error message. I modified the code so that
messages contained special characters with accents.

An edited version of a resulting mail as received by my mail client
(Thunderbird) is attached to this message.

At this stage, I suggest that you upgrade to logback 0.9.14 and if that does not
work, send us a resulting message in the form of a file.

HTH,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/xref/chapter4/mail/EMail.html