[logback-user] Jetty RequestLog in logback distribution

Russell E Glaue rglaue at cait.org
Tue Jan 20 22:30:11 CET 2009

We are attempting to resolve the following Jetty JIRA:
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-835
  "Add an implementation of RequestLog that supports Log4j"

In the discussion for this issue, logback was suggested as the best resource to
resolve it.

The RequestLogImpl class in logback, which is a logback implementation of
JettyRequestLog for Jetty, satisfies this JIRA.

Is their any obstacle from the logback community that keeps this code from being
implemented as part of the Jetty base?

It would only be necessary for Jetty to include the logback library, and then
one could easily implement the RequestLogImpl class in the Jetty configuration
as documented here:
http://logback.qos.ch/access.html#jetty

-RG