[logback-user] Minimal library dependency for logback implementation of RequestLogImpl

Russell E Glaue rglaue at cait.org
Fri Jan 23 15:47:26 CET 2009

Okay then, this is great.

Then despite the fact that both Geronimo and Jetty do not implement the latest
slf4j, they can implement the latest logback-core/access.

I have already requested that Jetty implement the latest 1.5.6 of slf4j, it is
in issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-865

I will do the same for Geronimo.
But since logback-core/access is not tied in dependency to slf4j, I can request
the upgrade for slf4j and support for logback both at the same time.

And when slf4j web site (http://www.slf4j.org/) lists, on the left side, that
logback is a native implementation, it is referring to logback-classic only as
the native implementation of slf4j. So I would assume logback-classic does have
a dependency on slf4j since it is performing native implementation of it.

Since we are on this topic, can you answer the same question in regards to
logback-classic:
 Can any application use slf4j 1.3.1 OR slf4j 1.4.3 libraries, and
 then at the same time use logback-classic 0.9.14 libraries without
 any problems? Or will there be a dependency conflict?
 In other words, is logback-classic dependent on slf4j?

-RG