[logback-user] Minimal library dependency for logback implementation of RequestLogImpl

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Jan 28 19:24:11 CET 2009

Hello Russell,

Obviously, it would be nice if your contribution became part of the default
installation. However, your contribution can be helpful even if it is not part
of the default Geronimo distribution.

Implementing accessing-logging with log4j would not be easy. I think you would
end up rewriting log4j which is presumably not your intention.

Notwithstanding the license issue, I still think you can have sweet deal. Here
is how I see it.

- Write a GBean with the jetty/logback-access extension.
- Create a project in sourceforge to host it.
- Add one page documentation on installing your GBean in Geronimo.
- Locally, you would distribute your own version of Geronimo (with your
extension already installed). You would then install that version in your farm.

(The above is just an indication.)

Many log4j extensions are not hosted in log4j. The same is true for logback.
It's nice if an extension becomes part of the main distribution but it does not
have to.

HTH,