[logback-user] Local/Remote config management at runtime

Paul G ps.grove at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:33:27 CET 2009

We have a requirement that we would like to centrally manage logging
configuration files and push these out to applications as and when needed.

So my questions are.
Is it possible to reconfigure using Joran at runtime rather than one at
initialisation time, are there any potential side effects?

It would be fairly simple to write some code to listen for JMS or on a port
to receive a message which would receive a Logback configuration, but would
would be the message format? A logback configuration xml file how do then
then pass that into Joran?

The sending on messages is no problem as we would just create our own
appender or use something like JMS appender to centralise log data
collection.

Any ideas would be great?

Cheers
Paul