[logback-user] FileAppender gzip

Chad La Joie chad.lajoie at switch.ch
Wed Jul 22 13:19:04 CEST 2009

The file appender only offers compression support when the log files are
rotated.  I think you'll have to extend the appender if you want to
compress while you write.  However, this could be dangerous as the
appender may be closed out unexpectedly (e.g. if the VM is killed or
stopped) which would could leave you with a corrupted archive.

Franck Routier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am programatically creating and using a FileAppender.
> I would like it to gzip on the fly the resulting File. Is there a way to
> do this, or do I have to extend and implement it by myself ?
>
> Franck

SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities