[logback-user] Tomcat logs, plus one log config per webapp

Mel T. machintruc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:05:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I succeeded merging all logs there is in tomcat, webapps, and internal
libraries by doing 3 things:

-1 placing these JARs in commons/lib:

logback-classic-0.9.16.jar
logback-core-0.9.16.jar
slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar
log4j-over-slf4j-1.5.8.jar
jul-to-slf4j-1.5.8.jar
jcl-over-slf4j-1.5.8.jar

2- adding my logback.xml file to commons/classes

3- removing log4j and commons-logging JARs from my webapps.

What I need to do now is have separate logging per webapp. It seems to
me that this is where problems can start, according to this post:

  http://osdir.com/ml/java.logback.user/2008-07/msg00024.html

Is this still the best way to do that? If so, is there any more
details on how to write the "logback context loader" as suggested in
there?

BTW, it is hard for me to know if this is best targetted at SLF4J or
LogBack lists...

--
Mel T.