[logback-user] Trouble with C3P0

Klaus Teller klaus.teller at gmx.net
Sun Jul 26 03:18:22 CEST 2009

Hi Folks,

Nice work. My journey with logback started just today. So please bear with me. I want to do something i wasn't able to do with log4j: DB Appender + Pooling + MySQL.

With log4j i had JDBCAppender+MySQL working. I managed to migrate this part to logback without a glitch. Now the pooling with C3P0 doesn't want to work. I get an exception saying "No suitable driver".

What driver is it talking about? Here are the jars i got in my classpath:

 c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar
 logback-access-0.9.16.jar
 logback-classic-0.9.16.jar
 logback-core-0.9.16.jar