[logback-user] Tomcat logs, plus one log config per webapp

Mel T machintruc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:35:58 CEST 2009

Mel T wrote:

> I succeeded merging all logs there is in tomcat, webapps, and internal
> libraries by doing 3 things:
> What I need to do now is have separate logging per webapp.

After some experiments, I decided to not put SLF4J and logback in tomcat,
and instead, I just use it in my webapps. There were suggestion to put the
SLF4J jars in server/lib, but this is gone in tomcat6 and attempts to
activate that through catalina.properties did not work (server.loader does
not seem to be used in tomcat).

Therefore, each webapp has ts own set of copies of the SLF4J, and logback,
and has its own config file and things work smoothly.

--
Mel T.