[logback-user] Multiple files and other issues

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Mar 6 13:35:05 CET 2009

See  http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#syntax

This configuration file below separates logs for "special.package.one"

<configuration debug="true">

   <appender name="ROOT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender" >
     <file>myapp.log</file>
     <append>false</append>
     <layout>
       <pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss},%p,%c,%F,%C{1} %m%n</pattern>
     </layout>
   </appender>

   <appender name="PACKAGE1" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender" >
     <file>specialone.log</file>
     <append>false</append>
     <layout>
       <pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss},%p,%c,%F,%C{1} %m%n</pattern>
     </layout>
   </appender>

   <logger name="special.package.one" additivity="false">
     <appender-ref ref="PACKAGE1"/>
   </logger>

   <root level="DEBUG">
     <appender-ref ref="ROOT"/>