[logback-user] JoranConfigurator

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Mar 18 21:44:34 CET 2009

Hello Greg,

In the documentation relative to auto configuration [1], one can read:

   If the configuration file is found but is ill-formed, then logback
   will detect the error condition and automatically print its internal
   status on the console.

So either the documentation is wrong or logback cannot find your
configuration file. In any case, you can instruct logback to print its
internal status data with the following code:

  LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
  StatusPrinter.print(lc);

See [2] for a full example.

HTH

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#auto_configuration