[logback-user] JoranConfigurator

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:27:05 CET 2009

Ceki Culce,

That worked.....
Awesome. Thank You.
I'd like to ask you another question....
I'd like to use Logback instead of Log4j however Log4j server along with
Log4cxx client and with SocketAppender
"understand" each other. That is, I can log with log4j  Server messages
(with the SocketAppender) that are
coming from the Log4cxx clients and of course log4j clients. Then, I can
write all these log messages to just one file
on a server where my Log4j server is running.
This is what I'm really after. I know that Log4j, and I assume also logback
as well, has JMSAppender.
I don't know that much (yet) about JMS but I wonder if there's a way to use
it to write messages coming
from C++ client, Java or whatever client we may have.... (I know I need to
handle Flex clients as well, Oh man!)
I know you more knowledgeble in this area........
Please let me know if there is a way to "capture" all these different log
messages coming from different clients somehow
and persist them to one repository (like a DB or a flat txt file)
Thanks
Greg.