[logback-user] SocketAppender

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:27:29 CET 2009

Ceki Culcu
Sorry for the empty message I just sent. I pressed the wrong button by
mistake....

I have the following SocketAppender that uses the XMLLayout.

 <appender name="SOCKET" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.net.SocketAppender">

    <RemoteHost>localhost</RemoteHost>
    <Port>7777</Port>
    <ReconnectionDelay>10000</ReconnectionDelay>
    <IncludeCallerData>true</IncludeCallerData>
    <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.log4j.XMLLayout">
      <LocationInfo>true</LocationInfo>
      <properties>true</properties>
    </layout>
  </appender>

I was wondering if it is possible to make a logback client that uses the
above SocketAppender
talk to a Log4j server.
I tried this but the server throws an unknown exception when connection is
made...
Can SocketAppender and log4j.XMLLayout be combined like in the example
above?