[logback-user] Log4j LoggingEvent

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:54:01 CEST 2009

Hi Ceki,
I (again) have some questions about log4j.
(I guess Logback works the same way....)
I was wondering if there's a way to save a "logger object" to a
data structure like a queue or something before sending it to some appender.
For example:
The socket appender will cause the log4j client to lock/freeze if there's no
link to the server.
I verified it and it does lock the client.
I need to deal with this issue so I'd like to store "logger objects" (or
something)
before they go to the socket or some other appender first.
At the moment I have a wrapper around the log4j that when the debug method
is called
I'm just calling the log4j debug method passing some args etc.
so I have:   logger.debug("some stuff");
The configuration file does the trick and outputs to the console (at the
moment) all the info:
the class name, the method name, the line number etc.
I'd like to save this info somehow to some object that I can store in a
queue or something.
How do I retrieve this information programmatically? Is there a way?
I know about LoggingEvent object, could I use it and pass the above stated
information
to its constructor then store it in a queue?
Logger gets me for free (like method name etc.)
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot.
Greg.