[logback-user] breaking on startup

Brian Moschel brian.moschel at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:07:41 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

I am noticing an error on startup:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLoggerFactory

I am trying to run the following lines to load my config, which I got from
the startup guide:

LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
JoranConfigurator configurator = new JoranConfigurator();
lc.reset();
configurator.setContext(lc);
configurator.doConfigure(my_path);
StatusPrinter.printInCaseOfErrorsOrWarnings(lc);

The error occurs at the first line in the above code.  I got this working at
some point, but somehow am back in a non-working state.  This is a Jetty
app.  Any tips?

Thanks,
Brian