[logback-user] Log4j LoggingEvent

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed May 13 13:52:52 CEST 2009

If reactivity is what you are looking for, I would suggest that you wrap
SocketAppender in an appender which contains a queue (see AsyncAppender in
log4j). Place logging events in a queue, and if the queue becomes full, drop new
events.

Code for computing location information and everything else can be done by
invoking methods on LoggingEvent. You don't need to store the logger.

Holler if the above is not clear.