[logback-user] Logback with Postfix

Brian Moschel brian.moschel at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:00:05 CEST 2009

I'm trying to set up logback for use with Postfix running locally on the
same machine as my app.  I am using the following:
  <appender name="EMAIL" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.net.SMTPAppender">
    <SMTPHost>localhost</SMTPHost>
    <To>brian.moschel at gmail.com</To>
    <From>brian.moschel at gmail.com</From>
    <Subject>TESTING: %logger{20} - %m</Subject>
<layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.html.HTMLLayout"/>
  </appender>

This does not work though.  It hangs forever and my local mail logs never
receive a request.  The local mail server is running at port 25.  I can run
"mail <some email address> to sucessfully mail someone on this machine.  Any
ideas how to debug this?

Thanks,
Brian