[logback-user] Logback view Eclipse plugin

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Thu Nov 5 00:31:35 CET 2009

BenT skrev:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of logback questions:
>
> 1. When I tried the Eclipse plugin, I was able to get output using 0.9.9,
> but not 0.9.17.  Is this expected?  I noticed the message on the download
> page.

The plugin uses serialized Java events and the object model changed so
the new objects could not be deserialized in the old code.  That is one
of the disadvantages of serialization, but a truly neutral binary
transport format has not - to my knowledge - been implemented in Logback
(and hence not in the plugin also).

I would recommend at this stage to use a stand alone log receiver.  Jörn
has Lilith which supports logback.

> 2. Where can I find the source for the eclipse plugin?  My git clones
> doesn't seem to have it.

Probably still in subversion.  I belive it was a separate project root.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"