[logback-user] urgent explination issue

Johan Bos johan.bos at c6.eu
Thu Oct 1 14:50:25 CEST 2009

That is exactly my point: You set up the maxhistory for the current file

It is what you intend or do you want that option only for the archives?

If only for the archive, you should then relocate your option into the
<TimeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy> node. Same level as <MaxFileSize>
node.

Otherwise, if only for the current log file, see which version you have, I
remember that a bug issue has been known on log file history not being
deleted.

  _____