[logback-user] log4j/logback/JCL/SLF4J???

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Tue Oct 6 20:21:58 CEST 2009

David Vergnaud skrev:

> I had tried to do just that with log4j, and only half of it had worked -- as i said, I think there was a problem with the writeFooter method. I take it this problem doesn't occur in logback.

Another approach might be deliberately writing out XML fragments without
headers or footers, and then use

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

  <!DOCTYPE log4j:eventSet SYSTEM "log4j.dtd" [<!ENTITY data SYSTEM "abc">]>

  <log4j:eventSet version="1.2"
xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
          &data;
  </log4j:eventSet>

to read it in (replace abc with the actual filename).

(http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/xml/XMLLayout.html)

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"