[logback-user] Feature question

Ayman Hammoudeh Ayman.Hammoudeh at Progressoft.com
Wed Oct 7 15:42:54 CEST 2009

Yeah thx for the replay that helped me, but I have another question that how can I get the stack trace of an exception if I override the dolayout method and here it is:

package com.logging;
import java.sql.Timestamp;

import ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.ILoggingEvent;
import ch.qos.logback.core.CoreConstants;
import ch.qos.logback.core.LayoutBase;
public class LayoutTest extends LayoutBase<ILoggingEvent> {
        public String doLayout(ILoggingEvent event) {

                StringBuffer sbuf = new StringBuffer(128);
                long time = event.getTimeStamp() ;

                sbuf.append(event.getTimeStamp() - event.getLoggerContextVO().getBirthTime());
                sbuf.append(" ");
                sbuf.append(event.getLevel());
                sbuf.append(" [");
                sbuf.append(event.getThreadName());
                sbuf.append("] ");
                sbuf.append(event.getLoggerName());
                sbuf.append(" - ");
                sbuf.append(event.getCallerData());

                sbuf.append(CoreConstants.LINE_SEPARATOR);

                return sbuf.toString();
                }
        }