[logback-user] Always log, regardless of level, but not as ERROR

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue Sep 15 16:38:06 CEST 2009

Hello,

You can mark a logging statement as "ALWAYS" and have a turbo filter act upon it.

Here is how you would mark a logging statement with the ALWAYS marker:

   Marker ALWAYS = MarkerFactory.getMarker("ALWAYS");

   logger.info(ALWAYS, "your message goes here");

You can than add a MarkerFilter to your logback.xml config file. This turbo
filter would look for the ALWAYS marker and matching occurrences would be
automatically logged (i.e. accepted) regardless of logging levels.

<configuration>
   <turboFilter class="ch.qos.logback.classic.turbo.MarkerFilter">
     <Marker>ALWAYS</Marker>
     <OnMatch>ACCEPT</OnMatch>
   </turboFilter>

</configuration>

For more details on TurboFilters please see

   http://logback.qos.ch/manual/filters.html#TurboFilter

HTH,