[logback-user] Time Based Rollover in 0.9.17

Stephen Duncan Jr stephen.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:13:26 CEST 2009

Here's some more information (partially a different bug/issue, but I think
it might shed some light on this issue too):

For the continuously running processes, I have another problem where ".tmp"
files are being left around (and since they're uncompressed, this is pretty
undesirable).  For one continuously running process that doesn't log often,
the tmp file is rarely produced/left.  But for the one logging for a
webserver, which logs frequently (set to DEBUG), there's a tmp file for
every day recently.

The information that may be of interest regarding the difference between
0.9.16 and 0.9.17 is the name of these tmp files

0.9.17 - webapps.log801253047879607.tmp
0.9.16 - webapps.2009-09-14.log1060406806683985.tmp

Or maybe it's got nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd provide the
data.

-Stephen